Many people find urinary incontinence — or loss of bladder control — difficult to talk about.
It’s a real pity, because the truth is as many as one in four New Zealanders experience incontinence, says Advance® products clinical educator Sally Sims.
“Severity can range from occasionally leaking urine when you cough or sneeze, to having a need to urinate that’s so sudden you don’t make it to a toilet in time.
“For many people, lacking confidence around bladder control means they avoid social situations. It can make them feel embarrassed, isolated and alone,” said Sally who is an experienced clinical nurse. Read more.
Advance® products were developed by SPQ Ltd, a New Zealand privately owned and operated company specialising in the supply of high quality products and services primarily for aged care, community-based health and disability support providers.
- The company originally pioneered the provision of hospital and specialist dementia care services to the Ministry of Health and then district health boards.
- Nearly 10 years ago, they realised there was a pressing need for a quality range of breathable incontinence products and accessories.
- The premium Advance® product range was developed and designed in New Zealand against this background to meet this need.
- Continence Awareness Week is from 18-24 June 2018
- Can’t wait? Don’t wait – seek help now!