For people with mobility problems, a mobility scooter is an excellent addition to remaining independent and sociable in daily life.
Important factors to consider before buying a mobility scooter:
- Will I mainly use this inside or outside?
- What distance do I want to travel on my scooter?
- Is it portable?
- Is it user-friendly?
- What is the warranty?
- Do I need insurance?
- What is my weight and height?
All of our scooters have simple, user-friendly controls, a two-year warranty with the manufacturer, and practical accessories to suit your individual needs.
Different types of mobility scooters
While a four-wheel scooter is our most common model, we also have excellent three-wheel scooter options in stock. Three-wheelers are easier to control, especially if you want a scooter for indoors.
- Three-wheel & folding (footpath use only) – This folding, lightweight scooter is designed to travel well. It is built to store easily inside your car boot and is also suitable for travel on buses and planes.
- Four-wheel & lightweight (footpath use only) – While these scooters cannot be folded, they have travel potential, as they can be dismantled into several smaller pieces, ideal for a car boot.
- Four-wheel on-road – On-road scooters are significantly bigger, with sturdy models that come with strong motors. They are carefully designed to be aerodynamic.
Choosing the right mobility scooter requires careful consideration of the user’s mobility needs, size and weight capacity, comfort, battery life and range, manoeuvrability, accessories, and price. By taking the time to consider these factors, you can choose a mobility scooter that meets your needs and provides safe and comfortable transportation.
Features of a mobility scooter that may benefit you:
- User-friendly dashboard
- Adjustable headrest, chair and armrests
- additional storage add-ons
- Front and rear headlights for a safe journey
- Lap belt
- Anti-tip wheels
- Safe braking system
- Puncture-resistant tyres
- Onboard charging
Add-on accessories for mobility scooters
There is an array of add-ons available for scooters. Some examples include storage bags and baskets. Additional protection such as covers and canopies can add to a safe and comfortable journey.